- Solar Flares, Deep End Film Festival, Nijmegen, Sept 2019.
- Solar Flares, Un/Green Festival, Riga, Jul 2019.
- Minotaures, Octobre Numérique, château de Tarascon, Oct 2018.
- Minotaures, Musique en balade, marais du Vigueirat, Sept 2018.
- Electronic Clouds, LPM Live Performers Meeting, Rome, Jun 2018.
- Minotaures, Nuit européenne des musées, théâtre d’Arles, May 2018.
- Bleu électrique, festival Horizons Numériques, Abbaye de l'Escaladieu, Sept 2017.
- Minotaures, festival Les Suds, ENSP Arles, Jul 2017.
As a visual artist, I often work with musicians and dancers on live performances using custom written software. I use programming to create dynamic images that respond to live music and gestures.
I use motion-sensing input devices like Kinect to retrieve depth maps and point clouds I animate using multi-agent systems and force fields.
I’m interested in the movements that can be captured using processes as motion-capture and technologies as infrared cameras. In my work, movement is an expression of a state of mind. I define it and give it to digital entities in order to create complex dynamics that are built on their interactions. These interactions are able to give life to a whole picture that appears breathing on its own while interacting with performers.
More information: Florent Di Bartolo. Performative Meshes: Musical Expression in Visuals. ARTECH 2019, Oct 2019, Braga, Portugal. pp.309-315.